The Farmers’ Union of Wales protects and advances the interests of those who derive an income from Welsh agriculture.
We are an independent Union valuing the freedom to run our own affairs. We advance the views of the Farmers of Wales without fear or favour, unfettered by sectional or external financial interests.
Established in 1955, the FUW has been given the official right by the UK Government to represent and speak on behalf of the Farmers of Wales. The Union has done so at the highest level – at the National Assembly, Whitehall and Brussels.
What we do is:
- Provide specialist advice to Members on Agricultural matters
- Provide a network of local offices throughout Wales
- Consult and communicate with members through a network of County branches
- Comment on and help formulate policies in relation to Farming Matter
- Work with other organisations for the common good of rural Wales
- Establish permanent and regular Committees covering all the issues of the importance to Welsh farmers.
- Provide independent access to decision makers in the National Assembly, Westminster and European Union.