The Farmers’ Union of Wales was established in 1955 as an unincorporated organisation and has now determined that managing its affairs through a company limited by guarantee is the best way of meeting the growth plans for the future.
As a result, FUW Limited has been established and an initial board appointed by election of members of the Union. The Board now wish to identify 2 Non- Executive Directors to join them.
With an empathy for Wales and farming, but not necessarily a farming background, we would expect that successful applicants would demonstrate some or all of the following:
- A successful business background
- Experience of managing and growing membership based organisations
- Experience of influencing governments and other influential bodies
- A network of contacts that will add value to the growth of FUW
- Experience of marketing, primarily in terms of analysis of markets in order to identify opportunity for business growth
The FUW is a bi-lingual organisation, therefore the ability to speak Welsh would be an advantage but it is not essential as all board meetings are currently conducted in English.
The positions are remunerated and all reasonable expenses will be reimbursed
Board meetings will generally be held in our head office near Aberystwyth. As this is a new board we anticipate that we will meet monthly for the first 3 or 4 months thereafter it will be every second month. Telephone meetings will take place where appropriate.
For an informal discussion about the role can be arranged by contacting the Managing Director via email (email@example.com ).
Applications should be made by forwarding a CV and introductory letter to the Managing Director.
We wish to appoint as soon as is practical.