The Farmers’ Union of Wales was established in 1955 and works on behalf of members in order to deliver thriving, sustainable family farms in Wales.
FUW Insurance Services Ltd. (FUWIS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the FUW.
There will soon be a vacancy on the board of FUW Insurance Services that we wish to fill as soon as practical.
With empathy for Wales and farming, but not necessarily a farming background, we would expect that successful applicants would demonstrate some or all of the following:
- A successful business background in a privately-owned company
- Experience of growing businesses through organic growth and/or acquisition
- An understanding of Financial Regulation and company law.
- A network of contacts that will add value to the growth of FUW Insurance Services
- Understanding of best practice in terms of people management, equality and diversity.
- Experience of marketing, primarily in terms of analysis of markets in order to identify opportunities for business growth
- An understanding of the insurance market
FUW is a bi-lingual organisation, therefore the ability to speak Welsh would be an advantage but it is not essential.
The position is remunerated and all reasonable expenses will be reimbursed
Board meetings have generally been held monthly in Llanelwedd, Powys with occasional telephone meetings where appropriate. Currently all such meetings are conducted online.
There are two main Board sub-committees, Audit and Risk and Remuneration. The successful applicant may well be asked to sit on one of those.
Applications should be made by forwarding a CV and introductory letter to:
Farmers’ Union of Wales,
Closing date: 30 October 2020
It is our intention to make the appointment before the end of this calendar year. Interview to be held online (TBC)