Location: Glamorgan and Gwent (working from our offices in Abergavenny and Cowbridge)
Salary: £26,000 - dependent on qualifications and experience
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: April 23rd, 2021
About the role:
You will provide a range of services to members of the Farming Union of Wales (FUW). You will be experienced and knowledgeable of current and potential Welsh Government schemes available for farmers and can complete most grant applications for farmers who are members of the FUW. Ideally you will have experience in delivering on-farm advice and have a strong working knowledge of the agriculture sector.
You will be supported by a local and national staff team and you will work closely with our agricultural policy team as well as the county office staff in 12 counties across Wales. You will support the work of the County Officer in developing and building the FUWs environmental services across the counties of Glamorgan and Gwent whilst supporting our members in both counties.
A degree in Agricultural / Environmental Science or a related subject would be desirable and / or experience of the agricultural sector here in Wales. You will also have an understanding of agenda’s surrounding farming and related matters on a national and UK level. Ideally you will have a proven track record of being able to complete grant submissions, reports and environmental assessments on behalf of farmers.
To succeed in this role, you will be;
- A natural communicator who enjoys meeting and helping people
- Responsible for promoting the aims and values of the Union
- Focused on attracting new members and serving our existing membership base working with the County Officer in supporting the needs of our membership
- Sell and promote all the services provided by the FUW
- Support our County Officer in establishing and maintaining strong local networks