About the role:
You will provide a range of services to members of the Farming Union of Wales (FUW) in Meirionydd. You will be experienced and knowledgeable of current and potential Welsh Government schemes available for farmers and can complete most funding and grant applications for farmers who are members of the FUW. Ideally you will have experience in delivering on-farm advice and have a strong working knowledge of the agriculture sector.
You will be supported by a local and national team of staff and you will work closely with our agricultural policy team as well as the county office staff in 12 counties across Wales. You will provide all the services of the FUW to our members in Meirionnydd in your role as the County Executive Officer or working alongside another dedicated FUW CEO if you opt to job share.
A degree in Agricultural / Environmental Science or a related subject would be desirable and / or experience of the agricultural sector here in Wales. You will also have an understanding of agenda’s surrounding farming and related matters on a national and UK level. Ideally you will have a proven track record of being able to complete grant submissions, reports and environmental assessments on behalf of farmers.
To succeed in this role, you will be expected to be ;
- a natural communicator who enjoys meeting and helping people
- responsible for promoting the aims and values of the Union
- focused on attracting new members and serving our existing membership base in your role as the County Executive Officer or working in tandem with another officer if you opt to job share. The key point is that you support all the needs of our membership
- sell and promote all the services provided by the FUW
- maintain and further develop strong local networks to ensure that the FUW is relevant to the rural communities of Meirionnydd
- able to communicate effectively through the medium of Welsh both verbally and in writing
This position is offered on a full-time basis with an initial but short probationary period shadowing the current County Officer and getting to know the county and our members. After this period will undertake all the duties of the County Officer unless it is your preference to opt for a job sharing arrangement. The FUW would be willing to consider such an arrangement subject to the skills and attributes of a successful candidate and the availability of a suitable individual to share the role.
For an informal discussion please call our County Executive Officer for Meirionnydd, Huw Jones on 01341 422298.