The Farmers’ Union of Wales is hosting a series of hustings to ensure that farmers have the opportunity to quiz the prospective Welsh Senedd candidates across Wales ahead of the Welsh Senedd elections in May. The hustings, which will take place via Zoom, will give members the opportunity to hear from the candidates about their respective parties’ policies for agriculture.
FUW President Glyn Roberts said: “The upcoming Welsh Senedd Elections in May are of vital importance to the agriculture sector in Wales and the incoming Welsh Government will be facing unprecedented challenges.
“In the next few weeks we will have the chance to seek commitments from aspiring Senedd members in the numerous virtual hustings being held. There will be no need to travel and no need to be away from the farm.
“In this election the candidates will come to our computer screen and we need to ensure that candidates aspiring to be part of the next Welsh Government are aware of the fact that as an industry we can be ignored no more. We would encourage members of the farming community to take up this opportunity to pose questions to those that seek to represent them in Cardiff for the next Welsh Senedd term.”
Hustings have been arranged on the following dates:
- Tuesday 13 April, 7.30pm - Carmarthen East and Dinefwr
- Friday 16 April, 7.30pm - Llanelli
- Monday 19 April, 7.30pm - Carmarthen West + South Pembrokeshire
- Monday 19 April, 7.30pm - Anglesey
- Tuesday 20 April, 7.30pm - Meirion - Dwyfor
- Wednesday 21 April, 7.30pm - Montgomeryshire
- Thursday 22 April, 7.30pm - Pembrokeshire
- Thursday 22 April, 7.30pm - Caernarfon - Arfon
- Monday 26 April, 7pm - Brecon and Radnorshire
- Thursday 29 April, 7.30pm - Ceredigion
Please contact your local FUW office for the joining details.