Hours: 35 Hours (Mon-Fri 9-5, with some flexibility)
We have an exciting new opportunity for an individual to join our Ceredigion office as County Executive Officer and Agri-Environment Advisor. This opportunity will see the successful candidate providing support for their local farming community. We live by the view that ‘Farming Matters’ which the successful candidate would need to mirror.
The successful candidate will provide services to members of the Farmers’ Union of Wales (FUW). You will be required to keep up to date on current and potential Welsh Government Schemes available for farmers, support with completion of grant applications for members of FUW. The role will also involve the delivery of on-farm advice to our members. You will be supported in this role by a local team of support staff and the head office team. You will also work closely with our agricultural policy team as well as the other county offices based throughout Wales.
This role will require you to be responsible for ensuring that all internal meetings and committees with members that form the democratic basis of the organisation are held timely and effectively. You will be responsible for communicating and explaining agricultural policy to the members as well as ensuring that the members opinions are communicated through the system.
A key component of the role will be to continuously develop and build the FUWs agri-environmental services across Mid & West Wales.
The latter is not an exhaustive list of all duties associated with this role as they may change from time to time.
· A strong working knowledge of the agriculture sector
· Thorough understanding of the farming industry and the associated environmental agendas at national and UK levels
· A proven track record of being able to complete reports and environmental assessments on behalf of farmers.
· A natural communicator who enjoys meeting and helping people
· Ability to promote the aims and values of the union
· Confidence to support in attracting new members and serving our existing membership base contributing to a steady growth to the membership portfolio
· The ability to sell and promote other services provided by FUW Limited
· Ability to build and maintain strong rapports with local networks concentrating on the needs of the agricultural sector
· A degree in Agricultural / Environmental Science or a related subject
· BASIS and / or FACTS qualification
· Experience in managing a team