Position: FUW Group Communications Officer
Location: FUW Head Office, Aberystwyth - working from home optional
Contract: Permanent, full time, flexible working hours
Reports to: Head of Communication, FUW Ltd.
A full time position (35 hours a week)
The FUW Ltd. group is looking to expand its communications team to meet the growing demand of an ever faster moving communications environment. We are therefore looking for an enthusiastic, news savvy person with a passion for farming and rural life to join the team at our head office in Aberystwyth.
As the Communications Officer you will play a key role in the communications and marketing team, primarily supporting the delivery of the FUW’s communication and marketing goals. This is an excellent opportunity to get a firm foot on the communications career ladder, working in a fast paced newsroom, to tight deadlines with plenty of development opportunities.
- Work with the Head of Communication to develop a comprehensive PR activity programme for the FUW and FUW Insurance Services Ltd.
- Identify story ideas and draft newsworthy releases and articles for print, broadcast and other media for the FUW and FUW Insurance Services Ltd.
- Drafting internal and external briefing materials for FUW Group officials
- Develop and edit content for electronic media, including photography, to help communicate the FUW’s activities across a range of platforms
- Monitor and develop social media engagement FUW and FUW Insurance Services Ltd.
- Monitor press and media coverage
- Update the FUW Group websites
- Attend county shows and FUW Group events including farm visits
- Attend FUW standing Committee meetings and provide secretarial support as and when required
- Assist in liaising with National and local media - print, broadcast & online
- Assist in arranging media interviews for the FUW Group
- Assist in creating and sending FUW membership and marketing materials through email campaigns
- Provide additional design support to the Head of Marketing
- Assist in the setting up of FUW Group events
- Assist the Marketing function as and when required
- Plus any other duties as and when required within the communications remit
Background / Skill set:
Educated to degree level in a language, media or journalism related subject
Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Welsh
Ability to write concise, compelling copy to deadlines
Skills in developing and editing content for social and digital media interfaces, including photo and video editing
Ability to work effectively as a team member
Ability to adapt to changing deadlines and priorities
Ability to work under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, calm, and efficient
A personable and positive approach to work
Good organisation and time management skills
Full, clean driving license
Media law and copyright savvy
Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and InDesign (training can be provided)
Closing date: Monday 2 August