Location: Glamorgan and Gwent (working from our offices in Abergavenny and Cowbridge)
Salary: £29,000 - dependent on qualifications and experience
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: April 23rd, 2021
About the role:
You will provide services to members of the Farming Union of Wales (FUW). You will be experienced and knowledgeable of current and potential Welsh Government schemes available for farmers and can complete most grant applications for farmers who are members of the FUW. Ideally you will have experience in delivering on-farm advice and have a strong working knowledge of the agriculture sector.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that all internal meetings and committees with members that form the democratic basis of the organisation are held timely and effectively. You will be responsible for communicating and explaining agricultural policy to the members as well as ensuring that the members opinions are communicated through the system.
You will be supported by a local team of support staff and the head office team. You will work closely with our agricultural policy team as well as the county office staff in 12 counties across Wales.
The role will require the successful candidate to develop and build the FUWs agri-environmental services across the counties of Glamorgan and Gwent whilst also building and managing a team to support your work on behalf of the members.
A degree in Agricultural / Environmental Science or a related subject would be desirable as well as a BASIS and / or FACTS qualification. You will also have a thorough understanding of the farming industry and the associated environmental agendas at national and UK levels. You will have a proven track record of being able to complete reports and environmental assessments on behalf of farmers.
- A natural communicator who enjoys meeting and helping people
- Responsible for promoting the aims and values of the Union
- Focusing on attracting new members and serving our existing membership base contributing to a steady growth to the membership portfolio
- Managing members of staff in Glamorgan and Gwent.
- Sell and promote other services provided by FUW Limited
- Provide advice of the highest calibre with regards to environmental and agri-environmental rules and processes
- Establish and maintain strong local networks concentrating on the needs of the agricultural sector
How to apply: